Oh, cauliflower, you’re pretty much perfect. You’re a regular guest star in our kitchen and you’ll forever hold a special place in our heart. Especially now that we know we can make you into gluten-free cheesy cauliflower “breadsticks” in less than an hour.
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
2 garlic cloves
⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 egg white
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cauliflower florets and garlic. Pulse until the mixture resembles fine meal, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
3. Mix the mozzarella, Parmesan, eggs, egg white, thyme and rosemary into the cauliflower until thoroughly combined; season with salt and pepper.
4. Press the cauliflower mixture into a ½-inch-thick circle on the baking sheet. Brush the surface with the olive oil. Bake until it’s crisp and golden around the edges, 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Cool for 5 minutes before slicing into sticks and serving.