Keto Reuben is a great way to get all your favorite flavors of a classic Reuben sandwich but without the carbs. This keto Reuben in a bowl is both satisfying and low carb (and a Trim Healthy Mama S Fuel).
Reubens are one recipe I can’t stray from.
But, while I love a good rye bread, it doesn’t fit into the keto lifestyle.
And if you are a Trim Healthy Mama, the rye bread and Reuben fillings create a crossover. (Still on plan, but not conducive to weight loss!)
So, instead of dreaming of something I shouldn’t eat, here is this wholesome recipe with a healthy twist.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 10 oz. corned beef, sliced or shredded
- 9 oz. sauerkraut, drained
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 oz. (1 cup) Swiss cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 dill pickle
- Heat up butter in a skillet over medium-low heat. Add corned beef and fry for a few minutes.
- Drain the sauerkraut and squeeze as much liquid as possible out of it. Distribute evenly in the pan.
- Place small dollops of mustard here and there in the sauerkraut. Add sliced Swiss cheese and heat until the cheese is melting. Cover the skillet with a lid to speed things up if you’re in a hurry.
- Serve with mayonnaise, dill pickles, and perhaps some more mustard.
Sub in pastrami, deli roast beef, sliced turkey or cooked brisket if you prefer.
Muenster and mozzarella are mild substitutes for Swiss cheese.
Check Out Our Keto Meatballs Recipe